slash and burn (not comparable)
- Rough, coarse and lacking finesse, performed with little skill.
- His slash and burn approach to management resulted in few friends and many enemies.
slash and burn (uncountable)
- A technique in agriculture where plant matter is roughly cut down and then burned over to prepare fields for the next crop.
slash and burn (third-person singular simple present slashes and burns, present participle slashing and burning, simple past and past participle slashed and burned or slashed and burnt)
- To apply the slash and burn technique.
- We'll slash and burn this week and plant next.
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language