- (uncountable) Plant matter (usually dried) used to season or flavour food.
- (countable) Any variety of spice.
- (figuratively, uncountable) Appeal, interest; an attribute that makes something appealing, interesting, or engaging.
- (uncountable, Yorkshire) Sweets, candy.
- See also Wikisaurus:seasoning
- five-spice powder
- herbs and spices
- spice up
- spicy tooth
- variety is the spice of life
plant matter used to season or flavour food
any variety of spice
- (transitive) To add spice or spices to.
to add spice or spices to
- “spice” in Douglas Harper, Online Etymology Dictionary (2001).