- (UK, colloquial) Very good, excellent.
- We're having a picnic at the races — how spiffing!
- (UK, colloquial) Smart or appealing in dress or appearance.
- I say, that outfit is simply spiffing.
- 2007, "Spiffing new image", Times Online, London, 18 May (retrieved 14 June 2007),
- Spiffing new image: ITV is developing an updated version of Spitting Image, with CGI graphics.
- Typically associated with the British upper class; often used in imitation of upper-class speakers.
- jolly good
- Present participle of spiff.
- The boss returned from vacation before we could finish spiffing up the office.
- Oxford English Dictionary, 2nd ed., 1989.
Read in another language
This page is available in 3 languages