- the property of sticking or adhering; adhesion
- warmth and humidity, as on a muggy day
- (economics, of prices or wages) the tendency to stay the same despite changes in the economy
- (marketing, interface design) the presence of unique attributes that make a product indisposable and valuable to its owner
- The stickiness of a cellphone might be measured by its ability to tell correct time, locate its user, and allow its user to remain connected regardless of location.
- (advertising) a research measure that captures the extent to which viewers wish to spend more time looking at or reading a print ad.
- The low stickiness rating helped explain why our ad’s brand linkage rating was so low: people were turned off by the blurriness of the main photo.
- (psychology) an overemotional attachment to others; clinging in interpersonal relations; difficulty with ending conversations
the property of sticking or adhering