- division, partition, distribution.
- (music) instrumental improvisation, instrumental solo (often introducing a vocal solo or a modulation to another makam, or mode).
- dividing up.
- (mathematics) division, division sign.
- place containing a reservoir from which water is distributed to various parts of a city.
- (punctuation) slash mark, slash, diagonal, virgule.
- Signell, Karl. Makam: Modal practice in Turkish art music. Usul Publications, 2005.
Read in another language
This page is available in 5 languages