tele- + market
telemarket (third-person singular simple present telemarkets, present participle telemarketing, simple past and past participle telemarketed)
Last modified on 27 May 2012, at 15:00
- (intransitive) To engage in telemarketing (unsolicited telephone calls to potential customers).
- 2002, Niels H. Nielsen, Princeton Management Consultants guide to your new job
- If people hate to receive telephone sales calls, why should you telemarket?
- 2003, Jim Penman, What will they franchise next?: the story of Jim's Group
- I tried canvassing for a paint company, and failed. I telemarketed for another business, and failed. I had no people skills.
- 2004, Jody R. Westby, International guide to privacy
- In addition, nearly every company that telemarkets is subject to the FCC's telemarketing rules, which were expanded in July 2003...