textuary (plural textuaries)
- One who is well versed in Scripture; a textman.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Bishop Bull to this entry?)
- One who adheres strictly or rigidly to a text.
textuary (not comparable)
- Contained in a text; textual.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Sir Thomas Browne to this entry?)
- Serving as a text; authoritative.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Glanvill to this entry?)
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.