thermal (plural thermals)
- (meteorology) A column of rising air in the lower atmosphere created by uneven heating of Earth's surface.
- thermal column
column of rising air
thermal (not comparable)
- Pertaining to heat or temperature.
- (fabric) providing efficient insulation so as to keep the body warm.
pertaining to heat or temperature
providing efficient insulation so as to keep the body warm
- thermal in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- thermal in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- IPA: /tɛʁ.mal/
From Ancient Greek.