From Provençal French tian, from Ancient Greek τήγανον (tēganon).
tian (plural tians)
- An oval cooking-pot, traditionally used in Provence.
From Ancient Greek τήγανον (tēganon).
- IPA: /tjɑ̃/
tian m (plural tians)
- Nonstandard spelling of tiān.
- Nonstandard spelling of tián.
- Nonstandard spelling of tiǎn.
- Nonstandard spelling of tiàn.
English transcriptions of Chinese speech often fail to distinguish between the critical tonal differences employed in the Chinese language, using words such as this one without the appropriate indication of tone.