touchdown (plural touchdowns)
- (American football, Canadian football) A six-point score occurring when the ball enters possession of a team's player in the opponent's end zone. Analogous to a try in rugby.
- Today I scored my first touchdown.
- (aviation) The moment when an aircraft or spacecraft makes first or final contact with the ground during a landing.
- The passengers audibly relaxed at touchdown.
- (rugby) A try
2011 February 13, Lyle Jackson, “Ireland 22-25 France”, BBC:
- A first Test try by Fergus McFadden and a Tomas O'Leary touchdown helped Ireland to a 15-12 half-time lead.