- IPA: /cɨɜŋ˧˨/
- A place – typically a large, open area – with a well-defined purpose: field
- The domain in which controversial political or societal action takes place: the public sphere.
- đi đến trường — to go to school
- trường học — a school (literally, a place of study)
- nhà trường — a school, schoolhouse
- trường phái — school of thought
- (physics) A region affected by a particular force: field.
- (school): nhà trường, trường học
- Bulleted list item
- chiến trường
- nhà trường
- phi trường
- thị trường
- trường học
- long (in length or time)
- trường thọ — long life
This sense only applies in compound words. Dài and lâu are general-purpose words for "long", in the contexts of length and time, respectively.