tristate (not comparable)
- Having, or pertaining to, three distinct states.
- This tristate logic deals with true, false, and unknown values.
- Of, pertaining to, or characteristic of a region in the United States where three state borders come to a single point.
- The event will be sponsored by several tristate businesses.
tristate (uncountable), often capitalized (Tristate)
- The area in some regions of the United States where three state borders come to a single point.
- The Tristate is on alert after a rash of home burglaries.