Last modified on 23 October 2012, at 09:17
tub + thump.
tubthump (third-person singular simple present tubthumps, present participle tubthumping, simple past and past participle tubthumped)
- To aggressively attract attention for something
- 2003, Janet Wasko, How Hollywood Works, page 233
- tubthump to promote or draw attention to, from the ancient show business custom of actors wandering the streets banging on tubs to drum up business.
- 2004, Martin Rowson, And Another Thing...: The Book of Rants, page 2
- Yet I was pleasantly surprised to discover that some celebs can tubthump with the best of them. Who'd have thought that Julia Roberts would take a career-damaging swipe at her own government.