- IPA: /juːˈtɪl.ɪ.ti/
utility (plural utilities)
- The state or condition of being useful; usefulness.
- Something that is useful.
- (economics) The ability of a commodity to satisfy needs or wants; the satisfaction experienced by the consumer of that commodity.
- (business, finance) A service provider, such as an electric company or water company; or, the securities of such a provider.
- (computing) A software program designed to perform a single task or a small range of tasks, often to help manage and tune computer hardware, an operating system or application software.
- I've bought a new disk utility that can recover deleted files.
- (sports) The ability to play multiple positions.
state or condition of being useful
something that is useful
economics: ability of a commodity to satisfy needs or wants
business: service provider