Last modified on 16 June 2013, at 23:00↑Jump back a section
- An expressive sound made indicating the release of one's inner tension; the release of breath; an expression of relief.
- (from strenuous labour) Whew! That box weighs a ton!
- (from intense concern) Whew! Thank goodness youʼre safe! I thought something terrible had happened to you!
- (from fear of being seen) Whew! That cop didnʼt see me! That was a close call!
- An expression of amazement or surprise.
an expressive sound made indicating the release of one's inner tension
an expression of amazement or surprise
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
whew (third-person singular simple present whews, present participle whewing, simple past and past participle whewed)