See also: alkaani
- The first-person singular imperative is all but obsolete in the standard language.
- Älkääni is used with a connegative form of the main verb, ending with -ko/-kö, identical to the form used with third-person singular, first-person plural and second-person plural.
- The negation verb has no infinitive form.
- Indicative, conditional and potential moods use the indicative forms (stem e-), for which the verb is conjugated only in person.
- In the imperative mood the negation verb has the stem äl-.
- An archaic optative mood exists and is used mainly in poetry.