Borrowed from English August (as a month and a given name).
- IPA(key): /ʔawˈka.ke/, [ʔɐwˈkɐke]
- (rapid speech) IPA(key): [ʔɔwˈkɐke]
- August (month)
- A male given name.
- (Gregorian calendar months) nā mahina o ka makahiki; Ianuali, Pepeluali, Malaki, ʻApelila, Mei, Iune, Iulai, ʻAukake, Kepakemapa, ʻOkakopa, Nowemapa, Kēkēmapa (Category: haw:Months)
- Mary Kawena Pukui - Samuel H. Elbert, Hawaiian Dictionary, University of Hawaii Press 1971, page 181
- Hawaii State Archives: Marriage records Aukake (in the old orthography) occurs in 19th century marriage records as the only name (mononym) of 1 man.