Inherited from Old East Slavic съборъ (sŭborŭ). Doublet of собо́р (sobór), borrowed from Old Church Slavonic.
сбор • (sbor) m inan (genitive сбо́ра, nominative plural сбо́ры, genitive plural сбо́ров)
- collection, accumulation, gathering, harvest, picking
- levy, tax, duty, receipts
- (military) muster, assembly
- assembly, meeting, get-together
- Vasmer, Max (1964–1973), “сбор”, in Etimologičeskij slovarʹ russkovo jazyka [Etymological Dictionary of the Russian Language] (in Russian), translated from German and supplemented by Oleg Trubačóv, Moscow: Progress