- -ness, -ity, -ism; a suffix forming nouns, especially abstract nouns, from adjectives and other words.
- This suffix is often appended to adjectives in ־י (-í, “-al, -an, -ic, -ous”), such that ־יות (-iút, “-ality, -anity, -icity, -osity”) may be considered a suffix in its own right.
־וֹת • (-ót)
- The plural ending for most feminine and a few masculine nouns (regardless of state).
- The feminine plural ending for adjectives (regardless of state).
- The feminine plural ending for present-tense and present-participle forms of verbs.
- (rare) Appended to two masculine nouns denoting men, forming feminine counterparts denoting women or females.
Category Hebrew words suffixed with ־ות (noun feminine plurals) not found
Category Hebrew words suffixed with ־ות (verb feminine plurals) not found
־ות • (-es)
- The plural suffix for feminine nouns derived from Hebrew.