ɕ ạ k ɗ i n ā
s ạ k – ɗ i – n ā
ศักดินา • (sàk-dì-naa)
- (historical) (classifier ไร่) rice fields assigned to social classes as marks of their status, rights, privileges, responsibilities, etc; for example, the noblemen holding the rank of สมเด็จเจ้าพระยา (sǒm-dèt-jâao-prá-yaa) were entitled to 30,000 fields each, the noblemen holding the rank of เจ้าพระยา (jâao-prá-yaa) were entitled to 10,000 fields each, common citizens were entitled to 20 fields each, slaves were entitled to 5 fields each, etc.
- (figuratively, sometimes sarcastic) social class; class of persons.
- (figuratively, sometimes sarcastic) rank, dignity, distinction; person of rank, dignity, or distinction; ruling class, aristocracy, elite, nobility; member of a ruling class, aristocrat, member of the elite, noble person.
- (loosely or by extension) feudalism; feudal system; feudal period.
- (loosely or by extension) fief; fiefdom.