4th heavenly stem; man; people; little cube; a Chinese surname
letter; symbol; character; word
|simp. and trad.
- (attributive) T-shaped
- 三匹馬丁字兒廝殺。戰到三十合，戰不倒呂布。 [Classical Chinese, trad.]
- 三匹马丁字儿厮杀。战到三十合，战不倒吕布。 [Classical Chinese, simp.]
- From: Romance of the Three Kingdoms, circa 14th century CE
- Sān pǐ mǎ dīngzìr sīshā. Zhàn dào sān shí hé, zhàn bù dǎo Lǚbù. [Pinyin]
- The three horses had now formed a "T" shape as they fought. After fighting for thirty bouts, they were unable to bring down Lü Bu.