See also: 喞
- KangXi: not present, would follow page 201, character 12
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 1, page 634, character 14
- Unihan data for U+5527
|simp. and trad.
- Min Nan
- (Hokkien: Quanzhou)
- (Hokkien: Xiamen)
- (Hokkien: Quanzhou, Xiamen, Zhangzhou)
- This character derives from 即, with an added mouth radical to indicate onomatopoeia. It is used in the Poem of Mulan to represent the click-clack or swoosh-woosh of Mulan's weaving. In the version published in The Flowering Plum and the Palace Lady: Interpretations of Chinese Poetry, by Han H. Frankel, Yale University Press (1976), this is transcribed as tsiek-tsiek.
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text