See also: 大头
big; great; huge; large; major; wide; deep; oldest; eldest; doctor
|head; (noun suffix)|
- Cantonese (Jyutping): daai6 tau4
- Hakka (Sixian, PFS): thai-thèu
- Min Nan (POJ): tōa-thâu
- Min Nan
- big head
- 大頭大頭，下雨不愁。人家有傘，你有大頭。 [MSC, trad.]
- 大头大头，下雨不愁。人家有伞，你有大头。 [MSC, simp.]
- From: Part of a well-known nursery rhyme.
- Dàtóu dàtóu, xiàyǔ bù chóu. Rénjiā yǒu sǎn, nǐ yǒu dàtóu. [Pinyin]
- Big head, big head, when it rains you're not worried it's said. Others have umbrellas, you have a big head. (A child might use this jingle to make fun of another child with an unusually large head.)
- main point
- person with more money than sense; spendthrift; wastrel
- silver dollar with the head of Yuan Shikai (as used in the early years of the Republic of China)
|Kanji in this term|
|かしら > がしら
- (usually written with hiragana only) big head; person with a large head.
- decorative black flagpole tassel made from the hair of a yak’s tail, horse’s tail, ox tail, etc., or from hemp.
- leader of a group.
- (ornithology) puffbird (Bucconidae).
- (sports) the first makushita rikishi listed in the sumo banzuke.