child; son; (noun suffix); small thing; seed; egg; 1st earthly branch; 11 pm-1 am; midnight
|simp. and trad.
|variant forms||妹仔 Min Bei|
- (dialectal Mandarin, dialectal Cantonese, Gan, Jin, Min Bei, Wu, Xiang) younger sister
- (Hakka, Xiang) daughter
- (dialectal Mandarin, Gan, Hakka, Xiang) young lady; miss
- (Xinzhou Jin, affectionate) A term of address used by a young husband to his wife.
- (Jianghuai Mandarin, including Hong'an) sister-in-law (wife's sister)
- (Dabu Hakka, dated) slavegirl
- (Xiang, Zhao'an Hakka, affectionate) little girl
- (neologism, colloquial) young female (usually one who is intimate to the speaker), babe; girlfriend