- KangXi: page 413, character 32
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 11639
- Hanyu Da Zidian (first edition): volume 2, page 1409, character 9
- Unihan data for U+622A
|simp. and trad.
- to cut off; to sever
- to bar; to stop; to obstruct; to block
- to close; to end
- Classifier for sections or lengths of objects.
- neat; well-ordered; orderly
- Alternative form of 接 (jiē, “to pick up”).
Derived terms from 截
- 截枝 (せっし, sesshi): a method of pruning, whereby tree branches are removed to prompt new growth at the site of the old branches
- 截取 (せっしゅ, sesshu): cutting off, cutting away
- 截然 (せつぜん, setsuzen): clearly delineated, clearly distinct; clearly cut away
- 截断 (せつだん, setsudan): cutting something out, off, or away; amputation; a section or cross-section, as in mathematics
- 截断言 (せつだんげん, setsudangen): archaic term for 終止形 (shūshikei, “terminal form”)
- 截頭 (せっとう, settō): a clipped point, as when a leaf or flower-petal tip is snipped
Probably originally a misreading based on this character's visual and semantic similarity to 裁, commonly read as sai.
- 截金 (さいきん, saikin): thin layers of gold leaf cut into various shapes
- 截然 (さいぜん, saizen): clearly delineated, clearly distinct
- 截断 (さいだん, saidan): distinction between right and wrong; cutting cloth, paper, or some other substance into a defined pattern or shape
- 截留 (さいりゅう, sairyū): embezzlement by government officials in ancient Japan
- 截癱 (さいなん, sainan): a kind of motor paralysis in the lower leg or lower torso, due to spinal damage or chronic alcoholism
- 국제퇴계학회 대구경북지부 (國際退溪學會 大邱慶北支部) (2007). Digital Hanja Dictionary, 전자사전／電子字典. 
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text