|Historical forms of the character 棋
|Oracle bone script||Small seal script|
- Go - an ancient game of Chinese origin, played with "stones" (round pieces) on a wooden board; the character alludes to these wooden and stone components. The left side of the character depicts a tree; the right side depicts a stone temple.
- any similar strategic board game, especially abstract strategy game.
- KangXi: page 532, character 3
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 14922
- Dae Jaweon: page 920, character 11
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 2, page 1224, character 4
- Unihan data for U+68CB
|simp. and trad.
- Min Nan
- Chinese chess.
- (by extension) Any chess-like game or game requiring strategy.
- This entry needs a definition. Please add one, then remove