穂 (radical 115, 禾+10, 15 strokes, cangjie input 竹木十田心 (HDJWP), four-corner 25937, composition ⿰禾恵)
- KangXi: not present, would follow page 858, character 13
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 25236
- Dae Jaweon: page 1284, character 9
- Hanyu Da Zidian (first edition): volume 4, page 2622, character 3
- Unihan data for U+7A42
Found in the historical Longkan Shoujian 《龍龕手鑑》 dictionary compiled in 997 AD.
|For pronunciation and definitions of 穂 – see 穗 (“ear of grain; tassel; etc.”).|
(This character, 穂, is a variant form of 穗.)
(common “Jōyō” kanji, shinjitai kanji, kyūjitai form 穗)
- ear (of grain)
- head (of grain)
- crest (of a wave)
- As in historical on-readings ending in -ゐ, such as "つゐ", "ゆゐ", and "るゐ", most dictionaries do not have "すゐ" and "すゐ" as historical readings for 穂/穗. According to historical data, the on-readings of 穂/穗 are the modern "すい" and "ずい". However, the Dai Kanwa Jiten, has the -ゐ historical on-readings.
|For pronunciation and definitions of 穂 – see the following entry.
|(This term, 穂, is an alternative spelling of the above term.)