Pictogram (象形): a reptile, like 虫 but with a large head.
Originally referred to a type of reptile. The character was later borrowed for a more abstract word and a 隹 phonetic added, producing the traditional form 雖. The simplified form removes 隹.
虽 (radical 142 虫+3, 9 strokes, cangjie input 口中一戈 (RLMI), composition ⿱口虫)
- KangXi: not present, would follow page 1077, character 11
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 32842
- Dae Jaweon: page 409, character 15
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 4, page 2835, character 5
- Unihan data for U+867D
|For pronunciation and definitions of 虽 – see 雖.
(This character, 虽, is the simplified form of 雖.)
(uncommon “Hyōgai” kanji)
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text