1-up (countable and uncountable, plural 1-ups)
- (video games, countable) An item that grants the player an extra life in the game, staving off game over by one more try.
- (video games, uncountable) In a game with multiple players, an indicator or identifier of player 1.
- 1982, Harlington Wood, Jr., Atari v. North American Philips Consumer Electronics Corp., 672 F.2d 607, n. 2 (7th Cir. 1982):
- Before any player registers points, the PAC-MAN scoring table displays in white "1 UP" and "2 UP" where the scores will appear.
- 1998, Sega Genesis, Frogger 1998 - Walkthrough:
- This is the players turn (1-up or 2-up)