- (Judaism, Christianity) A fallen angel in some traditions of Judaism and Christianity.
- 1674, John Milton, “Book I”, in Paradise Lost. A Poem in Twelve Books, 2nd edition, London: […] S[amuel] Simmons […], OCLC 563123917, lines 531–535:
- Then strait commands that at the warlike sound / Of Trumpets loud and Clarions be upreard / His mighty Standard ; that proud honour claim'd / Azazel as his right, a Cherub tall:
- Synonyms: see Thesaurus:Satan
- (Islam) The Hebrew name of Iblis.
a fallen angel
- (Christian mythology) Azazel (a fallen angel)