- (Singapore) Basic military training, which includes physical training, where Singaporean males will learn basic skills of a soldier.
2015 October 14, The Straits Times (Singapore):
- During the two-hour visit, Mr Ong was briefed by commanders on the BMT curriculum and observed recruits undergoing physical training and using tablets to learn how to strip and assemble their weapons.
2014 July 27, The Straits Times (Singapore):
- At the start of BMT, he could manage just two chin-ups; at the end, he was doing more than 20. “My body has toned up a lot,” he says.
2013 May 28, The Straits Times (Singapore):
- Bearing arms to defend the country is the primary goal of NS, and that should remain so by sending all recruits for BMT.
2011 March 25, The New Paper (Singapore):
- Two years ago, Phua Shi Hao, 20, spent about $50 preparing for BMT on some of the smaller items at the army market.
2009 March 9, The New Paper (Singapore):
- “He was a good pal in BMT, and very hardworking and promising”.
- Brooklyn-Manhattan Transit Corporation.