- (Singapore) Basic military training, which includes physical training, where Singaporean males will learn basic skills of a soldier.
- 2015 October 14, The Straits Times (Singapore):
- During the two-hour visit, Mr Ong was briefed by commanders on the BMT curriculum and observed recruits undergoing physical training and using tablets to learn how to strip and assemble their weapons.
- 2014 July 27, The Straits Times (Singapore):
- At the start of BMT, he could manage just two chin-ups; at the end, he was doing more than 20. “My body has toned up a lot,” he says.
- 2013 May 28, The Straits Times (Singapore):
- Bearing arms to defend the country is the primary goal of NS, and that should remain so by sending all recruits for BMT.
- 2011 March 25, The New Paper (Singapore):
- Two years ago, Phua Shi Hao, 20, spent about $50 preparing for BMT on some of the smaller items at the army market.
- 2009 March 9, The New Paper (Singapore):
- “He was a good pal in BMT, and very hardworking and promising”.
- Brooklyn-Manhattan Transit Corporation.