BMX (countable and uncountable, plural BMXs or BMXes)
- (uncountable, cycling) Bicycle motocross, a form of cycling on BMX bikes, originating in California in the 1970s.
- (countable, cycling) A BMX bike.
BMX (third-person singular simple present BMXs or BMXes, present participle BMXing, simple past and past participle BMXed)
- (intransitive, cycling) To ride a BMX bike.
1995 February 21, Joao de Souza, “Re: B.M.X... Flatlanders and Freestylers”, in rec.bicycles.misc, Usenet:
- I BMXed from 1978 (my first race) till not too long ago. Although I don't see too many freestylers in the net, I get in touch with quite a few ex-BMXers like myself on rec.bicycles.off-road (I'm cross-posting to it).
1997 June 17, KrUtCh [username], “Re: Skate-boarders...losers?”, in alt.skate-board, Usenet:
- Yeah, flippity trick things are fun. I've got a friend who has BMXed for 15-16 years! He rules, and he used to be sponsored.