» Czech language » Parts of speech
Czech terms categorized by their part of speech.
- Category:Czech adjectives: Czech terms that give attributes to nouns, extending their definitions.
- Category:Czech adverbs: Czech terms that modify clauses, sentences and phrases directly.
- Category:Czech conjunctions: Czech terms that connect words, phrases or clauses together.
- Category:Czech interjections: Czech terms that express emotions, sounds, etc. as exclamations.
- Category:Czech nouns: Czech terms that indicate people, beings, things, places, phenomena, qualities or ideas.
- Category:Czech numerals: Czech terms that quantify nouns.
- Category:Czech particles: Czech terms that do not belong to any of the inflected grammatical word classes, often lacking their own grammatical functions and forming other parts of speech or expressing the relationship between clauses.
- Category:Czech prepositions: Czech adpositions that are placed before their objects.
- Category:Czech pronouns: Czech terms that refer to and substitute nouns.
- Category:Czech verbs: Czech terms that indicate actions, occurrences or states.
This category has the following 11 subcategories, out of 11 total.