» Italian language » Parts of speech
Italian terms categorized by their part of speech.
- Category:Italian adjectives: Italian terms that give attributes to nouns, extending their definitions.
- Category:Italian adverbs: Italian terms that modify clauses, sentences and phrases directly.
- Category:Italian articles: Italian terms that indicate and specify nouns.
- Category:Italian conjunctions: Italian terms that connect words, phrases or clauses together.
- Category:Italian determiners: Italian terms that reference nouns, expressing their contexts directly.
- Category:Italian interjections: Italian terms that express emotions, sounds, etc. as exclamations.
- Category:Italian nouns: Italian terms that indicate people, beings, things, places, phenomena, qualities or ideas.
- Category:Italian numerals: Italian terms that quantify nouns.
This category lists only terms of the grammatical "numeral" part of speech, and not all number words may in fact be grammatically numerals. See Category:it:Cardinal numbers and Category:it:Ordinal numbers for more complete lists.
- Category:Italian prepositions: Italian adpositions that are placed before their objects.
- Category:Italian pronouns: Italian terms that refer to and substitute nouns.
- Category:Italian verbs: Italian terms that indicate actions, occurrences or states.
This category has the following 11 subcategories, out of 11 total.