» Latin language » Parts of speech
Latin terms categorized by their part of speech.
- Category:Latin adjectives: Latin terms that give attributes to nouns, extending their definitions.
- Category:Latin adverbs: Latin terms that modify clauses, sentences and phrases directly.
- Category:Latin conjunctions: Latin terms that connect words, phrases or clauses together.
- Category:Latin determiners: Latin terms that reference nouns, expressing their contexts directly.
- Category:Latin interjections: Latin terms that express emotions, sounds, etc. as exclamations.
- Category:Latin nouns: Latin terms that indicate people, beings, things, places, phenomena, qualities or ideas.
- Category:Latin numerals: Latin terms that quantify nouns.
This category lists only terms of the grammatical "numeral" part of speech, and not all number words may in fact be grammatically numerals. See Category:la:Cardinal numbers and Category:la:Ordinal numbers for more complete lists.
- Category:Latin particles: Latin terms that do not belong to any of the inflected grammatical word classes, often lacking their own grammatical functions and forming other parts of speech or expressing the relationship between clauses.
- Category:Latin prepositions: Latin adpositions that are placed before their objects.
- Category:Latin pronouns: Latin terms that refer to and substitute nouns.
- Category:Latin verbs: Latin terms that indicate actions, occurrences or states.
This category has the following 12 subcategories, out of 12 total.