|Recent additions to the category|
|Oldest pages ordered by last edit|
» All languages » Proto-Semitic language
This is the main category of the Proto-Semitic language.
Information about Proto-Semitic:
Proto-Semitic is a reconstructed language. Its words and roots are not directly attested in any written works, but have been reconstructed through the comparative method, which finds regular similarities between languages that cannot be explained by coincidence or word-borrowing, and extrapolates ancient forms from these similarities.
According to our criteria for inclusion, terms in Proto-Semitic should not be present in entries in the main namespace, but may be added to the Appendix: namespace.
Please see Wiktionary:About Proto-Semitic for information and special considerations for creating Proto-Semitic language entries.
- Category:Proto-Semitic lemmas: Proto-Semitic lemmas, categorized by their part of speech.
- Category:sem-pro:All topics: Proto-Semitic terms organized by topic, such as "Family" or "Chemistry".
- Category:Proto-Semitic entry maintenance: Proto-Semitic entries, or entries in other languages containing Proto-Semitic terms, that are being tracked for attention and improvement by editors.
- Category:Proto-Semitic templates: Proto-Semitic templates, containing reusable wiki code that help with creating and managing entries.
- Category:Proto-Semitic terms by etymology: Proto-Semitic terms categorized by their etymologies.
- Category:Terms derived from Proto-Semitic: Categories with terms derived from Proto-Semitic in various specific languages.
This category has the following 8 subcategories, out of 8 total.
- ► Proto-Semitic lemmas (6 c, 86 e)
- ► Proto-Semitic entry maintenance (1 c, 0 e)
- ► Hebrew language (24 c, 2 e)