» Tamil language » Parts of speech
Tamil terms categorized by their part of speech.
- Category:Tamil adjectives: Tamil terms that give attributes to nouns, extending their definitions.
- Category:Tamil adverbs: Tamil terms that modify clauses, sentences and phrases directly.
- Category:Tamil conjunctions: Tamil terms that connect words, phrases or clauses together.
- Category:Tamil determiners: Tamil terms that reference nouns, expressing their contexts directly.
- Category:Tamil interjections: Tamil terms that express emotions, sounds, etc. as exclamations.
- Category:Tamil nouns: Tamil terms that indicate people, beings, things, places, phenomena, qualities or ideas.
- Category:Tamil numerals: Tamil terms that quantify nouns.
This category lists only terms of the grammatical "numeral" part of speech, and not all number words may in fact be grammatically numerals. See Category:ta:Cardinal numbers and Category:ta:Ordinal numbers for more complete lists.
- Category:Tamil pronouns: Tamil terms that refer to and substitute nouns.
- Category:Tamil verbs: Tamil terms that indicate actions, occurrences or states.
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.