Citations:Fibber McGee's closet
1948, Henry F Gauss, Mechanical Engineering, page 811:
- Or will we go on reaching into Fibber McGee's closet for hard-earned skills each time we are up against a moment of critical decision?
1966 July, Popular Mechanics, volume 126, number 1, page 174:
- Actually, the thing — in all cars — is misnamed; in practice it rarely holds gloves, instead is a sort of automotive Fibber McGee's closet.
1990, Richard Rhodes, A hole in the world: an American boyhood, page 48:
- Where in all this Fibber McGee's closet of wartime memory is Lois?
1994, Janet Dailey, Silver Wings, Santiago Blue, page 151:
- Marty stopped beside the opened footlocker, and saw the rumpled clothes and underwear tumbling over the sides. "It's worse than Fibber McGee's closet. ...."
2001, Shelley Johnson, The complete sea kayaker's handbook, page 216:
- Or, you may have created the kayaking equivalent of Fibber McGee's closet.
2002, Bill Tammeus, A gift of meaning, page 68:
- But once you are here, standing on this surfeit of land, this piled-up, stacked-up, smashed-up Fibber McGee's closet of rock and soil
2005, Jim Morris, The Devil's Secret Name, page 30:
- It disappeared into the maw, the Fibber McGee's closet, of his so-called filing system — apparently forever.
2007, Pat Legako; Cyndi Gribble, Deliverance: Rescuing God's People: Developing and Operating the Ministry, page 67:
- In a spiritual sense, Fibber McGee's closet is the place where we stuff all the things that we should have forgiven.