- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈɡɔːlweɪ/
Audio (Southern England) (file)
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈɡɔlweɪ/
Proper noun edit
- A county in the West of the Republic of Ireland.
- Synonym: County Galway
- A city in County Galway, Ireland.
- A toponymic surname from Irish.
Derived terms edit
county in Ireland
city in Ireland
See also edit
Galway (plural Galways)
- (nautical) Ellipsis of .
- 1884, James Douglas Jerrold Kelley, American Yachts: Their Clubs and Races, page 161:
- In England there are Brighton Beach boats, Centre-board sloops, Pollywogs, Lough Erne yachts, Unas, New Brighton sailing-boats, yachts of the Norfolk Broads, Itchen, Clyde sailing and Keystone boats, Penzance luggers, Cobbles, Galways, Hookers and Pookhauns […]