- A city in Honshu, Japan. It was the target of the first atomic bomb dropped in warfare on August 6, 1945.
- (figuratively) catastrophe.
- 2011 April, Michael Joseph Gross, “A Declaration of Cyber-War”, Vanity Fair:
- Stuxnet is the Hiroshima of cyber-war.
- The 1945 atomic bombing of the city of the same name.
- 2004, Stuart Beattie, Collateral, DreamWorks Pictures:
- VINCENT: Tens of thousands killed before sundown; nobody's killed people that fast since Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
a city in Honshu, Japan