- A female given name transferred from the place name. Coined in the twentieth century from an archaic spelling of Islay, an island in the Hebrides.
- A river in eastern Scotland, tributary to the Tay.
- A river in northeastern Scotland, tributary to the Spey.
Isla (plural Islas)
- A surname, from Spanish.
- According to the 2010 United States Census, Isla is the 36204th most common surname in the United States, belonging to 619 individuals. Isla is most common among Hispanic/Latino (52.02%), Asian/Pacific Islander (33.12%) and White (11.15%) individuals.
- Hanks, Patrick, editor (2003), “Isla”, in Dictionary of American Family Names, New York City: Oxford University Press, →ISBN