- (US, slang) A snappily dressed, cool, confident Latino lady's man.
2005, E. Lynn Harris, Freedom In This Village: Twenty-Five Years of Black Gay Men's Writing, page 387:
- "No Rico Suaves for me." He sank his thumbs into his armpits to simulate wearing overalls. "I'm only into one-hundred-percent Boy-Next-Door crackers."
- December 2007, Indianapolis Monthly, "Show Stealers", pp. 194, ISSN 0899-0328
- The show follows Lawrence Jameson, a regular Rico Suave, and Freddy Benson, a small-time swindler who tugs at ladies' heart.
- 2008,  "The King of Erotica 2: The Crown", →ISBN
- He tried to turn on the Rico Suave charm.
- 2009,  Asley & JaQuavis, "The Tale of Murda Mamas: The Cartel 2", →ISBN
- That Rico Suave-ass nigga don't know how to keep a bitch like Miamor.
- 2009,  Reba Toney, "The Rating Game: The Foolproof Formula for Finding Your Perfect Soul Mate", pp. 181 →ISBN
- If you've been invited to a friend's birthday, and you show up only to find three couples, two stragglers, and Rico Suave hitting on the hot waitress, lower your expectations of meeting someone, and try to have a great time anyway.
- 2010,  Michelle Dupress, "Attract the Love You Want", pp.10, →ISBN
- He thinks he is Rico Suave and you know him to be a Don Juan.
2011, Stanley E. Terrell, Brickettes: Tales and Poems from New Ark, page 57:
- And he felt a cloying kinship with his father, his uncles, his teachers, and his mentors at the same time he was feeling a closer bond with the homeboys, the G-Dawgs, the Rico Suaves.