See also: sister
Sister (plural Sisters)
- Title of respect for an adult female member of a religious order.
- At the convent, Sister Grace supervises the kitchen.
- Please welcome Sister Smith as she moves from her former congregation to her new congregation.
- Could you say a prayer for me, Sister?
- Title of respect for an adult female member of a fraternal/sororal organization, or comrade in a movement, or even a stranger using fictive kin.
- 1983, Official Proceedings, Resolutions, Constitution and Merger Agreement of the United Food and Commercial Workers International Union Convention:
- Sister Huerta was to have been our initial speaker this morning. However, we received word later this morning that Sister Huerta would be unable to attend our convention.
- A title used to personify or respectfully refer to concepts or animals.
- Native American leader Chief Seattle urged ecological responsibility, referring to Brother Eagle and Sister Sky in his purported 1854 speech.