- The inflected forms with -ö- are Ripuarian, those with -ä- are Moselle Franconian.
- stick, staff, broken-off twig
- Ich weiss nicht, wo ich den Stock gelassen habe; haben Sie ihn nicht gesehen?
- I don't know where I've left the staff; haven't you seen it?
- floor, storey (UK), story (US), level
- im dritten Stock ― on the third floor (UK counting)/fourth floor (US counting)
- stock, supply (but only in some contexts and much less common than in English)
- (card games) pile of undealt cards, deck
- the entirety of roots of a plant; stock
- (short for Bienenstock) hive; beehive
- The standard plural is Stöcke.
- The alternative plural Stöcker is used in northern and eastern Germany (chiefly in colloquial usage and usually only for the sense “stick, staff”).
Declension of Stock
Stock m (plural Steck)