The article originally had "In Australia, the term may also apply to a person who grazes sheep, although shepherd is more common elsewhere." This is a bit misleading as shepherd – at least to an Australian – sounds like someone who is tending a smallish flock, whereas a grazier will typically run a huge farm - I think of cattle or sheep — DavidL 06:37 11 Sep 2004 (UTC)

As an Australian farmer my comment would be that a Grazier is a person who grazes livestock, on a farm or rural property (owned or leased) that is large enough to finacially support the owner without the need for cropping or any form of intensive agriculture. --Pjbarber 05:43, 6 November 2008 (UTC)

The Macquarie Dictionary lists a grazier as the owner of a property on which sheep or cattle graze. Cgoodwin 02:18, 8 November 2008 (UTC)
Return to "grazier" page.