(This template should be used on pages in the Category: namespace.)
This template automatically generates descriptions and categorization for categories whose name follows the format "(language name) terms derived from (language name)" and "Terms derived from (language name)". It should be added to all supported categories.
The template is implemented by Module:category tree and its submodule Module:category tree/derived cat. For information on how to add new categories to the tree, or modify existing ones, see the latter module's documentation.
- The language code (see Wiktionary:Languages) of the language that the category name begins with, and which the category's contents belongs to. Leave this empty for categories that do not start with a language name.
- The code of the source language, family or etymology language (see Wiktionary:Languages, Wiktionary:Families or Wiktionary:Dialects) that the terms in the category originate from. This is the part of the category name that follows the "derived from" part.
Note: The "terms derived from other languages" category is no longer handled by this template- use
|2=terms derived from other languages.
- On Category:English terms derived from French:
- On Category:French terms derived from Germanic languages:
- On Category:German terms derived from Late Latin:
- On Category:Terms derived from Italian:
- On Category:Russian terms derived from other languages: