See also: virgin
- The river sense derives from the name of Thomas Virgin, a member of the first American party to see the river, led by Jedediah Smith in 1826.
- The town sense derives from the name of the river, along which it is located.
- (Christianity) Virgin Mary, the mother of Jesus.
- The constellation and star sign Virgo.
- 1499, John Skelton, The Bowge of Court:
- In Autumpne, whan the sonne in vyrgyne / By radyante hete enryped hath our corne […]
- (rare) A surname.
- A tributary of the Colorado River in the states of Utah, Nevada, and Arizona in the United States.
- A town in Washington County, Utah.
- A conglomeration of various businesses founded by Richard Branson.
Mary, the mother of Jesus
constellation or star sign
Virgin (plural Virgins)
- (Christianity, art) A representation (picture, statue etc.) of Virgin Mary.
- 1968, James A. Michener, “Sevilla”, in Iberia, New York, NY: Dial Press, published 2015, →ISBN, page 317:
- Of the forty-five floats presenting Virgins alone, two are preeminent and the subject of such veneration that even the most casual observer must reflect on the fact that Holy Week, which commemorates Christ's passion and death, has become in Spain a celebration in which he plays a secondary role, with his mother becoming the central figure.