- (General American) IPA(key): /vɚˈd͡ʒɪnjən/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /vəˈd͡ʒɪnjən/
Audio (Southern England) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɪnjən
Virginian (not comparable)
- Of, or pertaining to, Virginia or its culture.
- His polite demeanor instantly gave him away as being a Virginian and not a Marylander.
Virginian (plural Virginians)
- A native or resident of the state of Virginia in the United States of America.
- She was a Virginian of South American descent and had lived in Richmond for most of her life.
Related terms Edit
resident of Virginia