Vorlage (plural Vorlages)
- A prior version or manifestation of a text.
- 1989, Simon John De Vries, 1 and 2 Chronicles, page 9:
- Chronicles and Ezra-Nehemiah already existed in their individual Hebrew Vorlages, and 1 Esdras existed, probably in Hebrew, as a derivative from them.
- 1992, David Noel Freedman, Studies in Hebrew and Aramaic Orthography, page 245:
- Rather the scribe had a Vorlage that was more conservative than MT in this detail.
Vorlage f (genitive Vorlage, plural Vorlagen)
Declension of Vorlage
- Vorlage in Duden online