West Frisian (not comparable)
- Of or pertaining to Friesland.
- (Can we clean up(+) this sense?) (in the Netherlands) Of or pertaining to West Friesland.
- A language spoken mostly in the province of Friesland, in the north of the Netherlands; West Lauwers Frisian, one of the three West Frisian languages (or language varieties).
- (Can we clean up(+) this sense?) (in the Netherlands) A dialect spoken in West Friesland in the province of North Holland, historically related to the language spoken in Friesland.
- The lects West Frisian, Saterland Frisian, and North Frisian are sometimes considered dialects of a single Frisian language, but more often they are considered a group of three independent languages.
language spoken in Friesland
the Western Frisian dialect of Dutch
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Please distinguish between the Frisian language group, the West Frisian language (sometimes known as "Frisian"), and the West Frisian dialect.
Read in another language
This page is available in 5 languages